After Rotary Melbourne provided funds to commence the Somers Camps, those who had attended previous camps, were encouraged to join Power House. Power House was formed after the first camp in 1929 by Rear Admiral Napier, to organise reunions and carry on the social services begun at Anglesea. Power House became a sports and entertainment centre in Albert Park fielding teams in athletics, rugby, rowing, baseball, basketball, hockey and lacrosse. It also had its own Regiment.
During the first ten years, the Club was adjusting its committee structure to meet the demands of its different avenues of service. In 1929-30, it established the Community Service Committee and Boys’ and Girls’ Work was transferred to the Welfare of the Young Committee, formed in 1933.
In 1934, the Vocational Services Committee was created.