ROTARY 100 CENTENARY INITIATIVES
The Centenary of Rotary in Australia and New Zealand is well and truly on the “horizon” for 2021!
What does this mean?
- We plan to showcase and celebrate our first 100 years of community service
- Launch new projects that will take us into the next 100 years
- Rally Rotarians to share our Rotary goals in supporting vulnerable disadvantaged people in our world
- Inspire by our actions to grow the membership of Rotary Australia
- Share the fellowship that binds us together
The R100 Facebook page has been created because we think you "need to know" what is being put in place! We are planning to inform and remind you fortnightly of the exciting projects, events and planning for Wednesday, 21 April, 2021 which we plan to sustain and continue into the next 100 Years of Rotary in Australia.
If you are eager to hear more immediately, please contact Hugh Bucknall at email@example.com or Rotary Club Melbourne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIVE EVERY CHILD A FUTURE
In parts of the Pacific, nearly 1 in 18 children die before their 5th birthday. We’re going to stop that!
IMMUNISE 100,000 CHILDREN ACROSS NINE PACIFIC ISLAND COUNTRIES
2021 marks the Centenary of Rotary in Australasia. This is a unique chance to celebrate all Rotary's achievements over the last 100 years and demonstrate the enduring relevance of the Rotary motto "Service Above Self". For this milestone, Rotarians in Australia and New Zealand, in collaboration with UNICEF and partners, have a bold ambition: To immunise 100,000 of the most disadvantaged children across the Pacific in four years.
Despite some improvements in immunisation rates across the Pacific, more needs to be done to stop diseases such as cervical cancer, pneumonia and diarrhoea claiming lives across the region.
Immunisation Program: 2018 – 2021
Across nine Pacific Island countries - Cook Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu - Rotary will help introduce three life-saving vaccinations to prevent diseases including cervical cancer, severe diarrhoea, pneumonia, blood infections (sepsis) and meningitis.
Rotary and UNICEF are aiming to reach 100,000 children including adolescent girls within four years. However, this is just the beginning: Rotary's support will help strengthen the broader health system for the sustainable delivery of vaccines, so that future generations will continue to benefit in the long term - a truly inspiring Rotary legacy.
Funds will support: Procurement of vaccines; Cold chain equipment supplies; Education of healthcare workers, communities and partners; Technical support including policy, management and system strengthening.
For More Information How your Club can be Involved: Chris Wang – 0412 220 547
100 PEACE POLES, 100 SCHOOLS
There has been fantastic interest in Rotary 100's Celebration "Peace Poles" initiative. This is a reminder to contact Michael Rabey at Rotary Canberra Burley Griffin for the complete Information Pack so that you and your Club can showcase Rotary's 100 Years in Australia whilst creating a terrific event covering your community, schools, organisations in this one off Centenary celebration. Michael Rabey at email@example.com is waiting to hear from you. Get in early and get organised early to make the most impact!
ROTARY SAFE FAMILIES
What would YOU do if your elderly neighbour was being intimidated by his/her family?
Rotary Safe Families is a program that will assist Rotarians to be “part of the solution” and to spread “NO” to Family Violence across your community, your Club, and throughout Australian Rotary. It covers different aspects of family violence and addresses a number of questions raised by Rotarians including:
- What constitutes Family Violence?
- How can Rotarians be “part of the solution”?
- What can I do?
Rotary Safe Families involves:
- “empowering” YOU to be “part of the solution” in the prevention of family violence;
- “skilling” YOU and your Club members to understand that violence is NOT just physical, can happen in any family, any street and any community;
- “informing” and providing YOU with the skills and confidence to safely “call it out”!
- “giving” you access to appropriate support agencies and referral.
How does Rotary Safe Families achieve this?
Two interactive workshops with case study discussion, group work and professional presenter;
- Workshop 1: Overview of Family Violence in Australia; Family Violence Women & Impact Children.
- Workshop 2: Elder Abuse
- Education to dispel the myths about violence and the many ways violence can impact on women, children, teenagers, males, elderly, siblings, step-families, in-laws;
- Manual, Toolkit, Wallet Card, Badge;
- Referral and support via agencies and organisations.
Rotary Safe Families provides the “tool kit” for YOU to be skilled to undertake that “sensitive” conversation with someone at risk!
Rotary Safe Families informs YOU not only about family violence but the impact of family violence on Children and the covert under-reported abuse of the elderly. Why not invite your friend, family member to be part of Rotary Safe Families? This can be your Club’s initiative!
If you are interested and would like your Club to be “part of the solution” to stamp out family violence, contact: Dorothy Gilmour – Rotary Melbourne - firstname.lastname@example.org
ROTARY 100 BATON RELAY
END TRACHOMA NOW
CHILD TRAUMA RELIEF