Stephanie Woollard and Seven Women invite Rotary Club members from both RCM and Rotary International to join a 10-day Rotary ‘Hands on Development’ Cultural Immersion Tour to Nepal.
On this tour you and your fellow Rotarians will learn so much while making a real difference to highly deserving but seriously disadvantaged communities.
- Visit the Seven Women Centre, a United Nations/Rotary International award-winning organisation, and the RAWCS project. Participate in cooking classes, Nepali lessons and craft workshops led by local women
- Visit a fascinating range of community projects and organisations such as Maiti Nepal (fighting against Human Trafficking), Fred Hollows and Fair Trade enterprises
- Marvel at World Heritage Sites such as the ancient city of Bhaktapur, Pashupatinath Hindu Temple and the Boudhanath Buddhist Stupa/Temple
- Visit a local silversmith who responsibly employs members of the Dalit marginalised, lower-caste community, enjoy a Nepalese dinner with his family and have the opportunity to admire and, if you wish, buy some of his beautifully crafted silver
- See the remote village of Sudal and be humbled by its simplicity of life, in a place where Seven Women have rebuilt homes and funded schools after the earthquake
- Visit a Rotary Club for fellowship, share projects and explore collaboration
There is also the opportunity to do some hands-on work to make a direct real difference. There are so many precious opportunities to enjoy the country's breathtaking beauty and culture, while making a positive difference. The tour also includes a visit to a Rotary Club in Kathmandu for fellowship, project sharing and exploring avenues for collaboration.
Cost: $2995 (this tour price is exclusively for Rotarians and their family members)
Duration: 10 days
Inclusions: Accommodation, meals, local transport, entry and activity fees
Exclusions: Flights, visa cost, insurance, personal expenses, tips and voluntary donations
Tour dates: 8th -17th February
Fitness level required: Moderate
Information & bookings: https://youli.io/t/handsondevelopment/seven-women---2020-rotary-immersion-to-nepal