2021 SERVICE TO SENIORS AWARD CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Each year the Health and Ageing Committee presents an award to recognise the contribution of a person who has given outstanding service in a voluntary capacity to older members of our community. Previously known as the “Seniors Award”, from 2021 onwards, this award shall be known as the “Service to Seniors Award”. We feel this name is more inclusive and clarifies that this award is open to a person of any age who meets the following criteria.
The Nominees shall:
- be an adult over 18 years of age, living and working in Australia;
- be available to attend a lunch meeting of the Rotary Club of Melbourne to receive the award, either in person or via zoom;
- satisfy the Rotary principle of Service above Self;
- be committed to making a difference for seniors by utilising their time, knowledge, training and experience;
- be a role model for volunteers working with or for seniors;
- enhance respect for older persons.
The Nominee may be, but need not necessarily be, a Rotarian. The service we are seeking to acclaim should not necessarily be at a senior level, such as the president or chairman of the board of the organisation but could be at a lower level in the organisation, such as a person providing personal care to seniors.
The award consists of a Citation and Certificate of Recognition which will be presented at a lunch meeting towards the end of 2021. The awardee is invited to tell their story in a short address to the Club.
Recent awardees have been:
2020 Ahmed Tohow
2019 Rodney Syme
2018 John Hood
2017 Nancy Hogan
2016 David J Hone
2015 Noel Smith
The Committee is seeking your help for nominations of the 2021 Award
Download the 2021 Seniors Award Nomination Form By Clicking On This Link
Nominations must be received by 5pm 30 September 2021 by completing the nomination form on pages 2-3.
Please send your form, along with a profile or CV of the nominee, by email or post to:
Robin Syme on 0412 448 133, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org